Another summer night filled with great people, great weather & tasty food!
I even got a little couch time with my munchkins before dinner!
And work snuggles before that…
All in all, a great night!
I’m sure I will regret saying this, as I’m sure to jinx the magic, but we have had three GREAT toddler food days in a row.
Charlotte are veggies. Just picked them up and ate them. No hiding them in anything. No struggle.
She ate chicken stir fry and meatloaf.
Tonight, was her biggest meal in so long.
For dinner, she ate:
- Chicken & sun dried tomatoes (probably at least 2 big slices of chicken)
- Green beans
- Some Indian spiced chicken soup (and she ate more chunks of chicken)
- 3/4 a vegetarian stuffed grape leaf
- Cucumber (2-3 slices)
- A bite of zucchini and brocolli
- A couple bites of banana
- Two bowls of berries
- A small bowl of mac and cheese
So, before you judge all the randomness, we had a “take out” night, which entails us eating a smorgasbord that my husband picks up from the deli and hot bar at our local co-op.
While part of me thinks C’s groundbreakingly improved eating habits are likely random, we have also made some significant changes lately.
- Only 1-2 small and healthy snacks per day (given around 10 am and after her afternoon nap). We used to let her eat as much of the healthy snack as she wanted. Now, it’s quite limited and we’ve been making it protein based.
Snacking on two whole wheat crackers with almond butter.
- We all eat the same thing at the same time. As much as I love family dinners, with Charlotte getting hungry by 5/530, it’s difficult to have family dinners, as hubs usually isn’t home yet. However, the past three or so nights have been great.
- Dinner is what it is. We tell Charlotte that she doesn’t have to eat it, but we leave it in front of her and leave her in her chair while we eat. Every night, she’s come around and ended up tasting and enjoying the meal. And ultimately, if she doesn’t want to eat it, we are okay sending her to bed hungry. It’s definitely happened.
I’m definitely going to enjoy these peaceful mealtimes for as long as they last!