We made SUCH great progress on C’s big girl room this weekend! The closet was a bit of a hiccup, as it ended up requiring some patching and painting, but nothing that could slow
us the hubby down!
We worked extra late last night so that we could have the room in a functioning state to show Charlie this morning! (As we’ve been working on the room, we’ve kept the little one out so that we could do more of a grand reveal.)
Well, this morning was that big reveal. We’re not quite done, but we’re close enough that this week we will begin doing nighttime routine in her new room (reading books, drinking milk) and have opened the room up for playing and loving. The hope is then to make the big crib-to-bed transition beginning as early as this weekend!
Anyway, since Charlie got to see it, I figured I’d share a few little sneak peek pictures on here. Once everything is complete, I’ll do a full post on all of the little things in the room, but for now, here are a few pics…
We were only able to spend a few minutes in the room with her, but from what we could tell, she LOVED it!
Still on the agenda:
- Paint closet doors and bedroom door white (we are waiting until spring so we can spray paint outside)
- Doll up C’s tiny person art table, make cushions for the chairs and hang her art display rack and art suppplies rack
- Remove baby boy items from C’s closet, transfer all of her clothes to the room.
- Put light plate on new dimmer switch
- Install some sort or blackout roman or cellular blinds
- Get a furry bean bag chair for C’s reading corner
- Install legs on C’s chair (World Market has had some issues getting us the appropriate hardware)