Successful Day!

Yesterday felt like a pretty successful day. After taking Charlotte to school late (oops), Henry and I stopped at our favorite coffee joint for an iced almond milk latte. Cutie pie was alert and adorable. We cooed as we waited for our caffeine.

After coffee, we stopped at the office. We like to go in 1-3 times per week in between dropping Charlie at school and picking her up at 12:30. (I also try to go in for a longer day on the days Mark’s momma picks C up from school.)

The plan was to go in for a short amount of time, drop Toby there, and go grocery shopping. Well, Henry’s refusal to nap kept me there until it was time to pick up C, so no grocery store.

But, on the positive side of things, Henry was able to get some good cuddle time with Grandma and some laughs with Grandpa.

Okay so I dropped C at school late and didn’t go to the grocery store… No successes there. And now that I think about it, when we all got home after picking C up from school, there was a decent amount of kitty vomit to clean.

But anyway, C went down for her nap and after I scarfed down some lunch, I swaddled Henry and put him down for his nap.

Here’s a success… Both kids napped simultaneously in their respective beds for 45 minutes!! Just enough time for me to cook dinner (my new survival habit is cooking dinner at 230/3ish during naps and reheating it when it’s time for dinner at 530).

During this time, I also checked my email and realized that the committee I volunteer for was meeting tonight. Since I had pumped for the first time over the weekend, I figured it’d be a great time to test out giving Henry a bottle and giving me a little freedom.

Thankfully, Mark’s day worked perfectly to sneak home by 415 and allow us to eat together and for me to feed Henry as much as possible before leaving.

I also had good playtime with the kiddies and got to watch Mark teach Charlie to change batteries and use a screw driver (damn battery-eating swing!).

Then, I was off to my meeting! I spent about 3 hours away… On my own… With my music blasting… It was nice!

When I got home, Marky and I say and chatted while I swapped a ton of Henry’s 0-3m clothes that don’t fit him for 3-6m. Yes, my 7.5 weeker is a giant.

At the end of the day, I’d call that a success. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s