If you’re anything like me, waiting the two weeks in between conception and your (potential) missed period is a challenge. Patience just isn’t my thing.
My husband likes to tease me and say that I thought I was pregnant with my first little love before I actually conceived. This may be true, but what I can say for certain, is that this time around, my symptoms were legit.
- Spaciness, Forgetfulness: This is a symptom that I could probably blame on lack of sleep or just having an off day… but these past couple weeks have been pretty absurd. I’ll say something and literally 5 seconds later, I have no idea what I was talking about. It’s like my mind totally goes blank.
- Headaches: As with my first, the week before my positive pregnancy test was filled with pretty bad headaches. Knowing that I potentially could be pregnant also prevented any treatment (no ibuprofen for pregnant ladies!). Not fun.
- Nausea: This is the biggest symptom for me. I mean, on a normal day, I don’t feel like vomitting, so when I’m suddenly fighting back chunks at all hours of the day, I start to wonder. Honestly, the symptoms came right when Gramps was in the hospital, so I thought there was a 5% chance it could be stress. But my gut was saying pregnancy.
- Frequent Peeing: For my first pregnancy, this was a total non-issue for me until I got ginormous. Now, at 5 weeks pregnant, I’m already waking up every single night at least once (sometimes twice). Oh I dislike this symptom.
- Insomnia: In the past two weeks, I’ve had at least 4 nights where I’ve sat up for 2+ hours in the middle of the night completely and totally unable to sleep. Last night was one of those nights… I’m in zombie mode today.
- Sore Boobs: This was a non-issue for me with my first pregnancy. This time around, it’s not terrible, but what I’ve noticed is that my breasts feel tender when I’m nursing my sweet Charlotte.
- Bloating: To say I’m bloated by the end of the day would be a complete understatement.