I’m eating my lunch and just tasted the soup my hubs whipped up last night and I just have to share it! It’s delicious and healthy! I love when that happens…
Click the link above… or follow recipe below:
Makes: 4 servings, 1 1/4 cups each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (about 3 medium), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, (3 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Place broth, zucchini and tarragon (or dill) in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the zucchini is tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Puree in a blender (see Tip), in batches if necessary, until smooth. Return the soup to the pan and heat over medium-high, slowly stirring in cheese until it is incorporated. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot or chilled.
Best part… only 115 calories for 1.25 cups of soup!