*I wrote this back in July. I will work on Part 2 soon, as her language and silliness has evolved so much since then!**
Charlotte’s language has been exploding lately! She’s gone from knowing maybe 50 words, to having a full vocabulary that she can use to string together 4+ word sentences!
Some of her vocabulary is a bit… unconventional. I thought I’d try to document them so I don’t forget 🙂
- Baby Wa-Wa (The baby is crying)
- Baby Shhhh (The baby is sleeping)
- I want [signs water] (Charlotte will say “I want” but then uses the sign for water)
- Toby hush!!
- Ollie shoo shoo!
- I want apple – sauce. (This is a phrase I hear constantly. Sometimes over the monitor at random hours. The girl LOVES applesauce and truly enjoys saying it.)
- You want moooor? (Charlotte is a great sharer of food. Even when she enjoys the food she’s sharing, she’ll give you a piece and, as she cocks her head, will ask, “You want moooor??” So cute)
- It’s biiiiiig! (Everything is big. If she gets a large portion of ketchup, “It’s biiiig”… if we pass a truck, “it’s biiiig” and so on)
- I want tritch! (I want to see a truck)
- Henry, seeeee?! Mommy, seeee?! Daddy, seeee?!
- Dis is my dis!! (This is my ____ – she says as she’s holding something she wants you to see)
- Dis is mees! (This is mine)
- Chewy (Charlie)
E says “shoes out” when he wants his shoes off. I never want him to stop saying it that way! Love toddler Language.
So do I! It’s the last little bit of baby left 💛
This is adorable! It’s a good reminder to document those little phrases now before they grow up and you forget them completely!
Yes! I feel like they’re already different and it’s only been 2 months!