Today was my 36-week appointment, which meant the drawers were dropped and I was assaulted. At this point, my cervix isn’t dilated a bit, but is thinning. Also, our sweet little girl is still very high. Obviously, I’m not over-the-moon about that part. What’s she doing way up there? It’s time to come down and “engage” as they say.
I’ve decided to help her make her way down, I will be adding in a few practices into my daily routine…
1) Walks – Maybe a quick, 30-minute walk will help. I feel like I could pretty easily add this into my morning or evening… or even a mid-day walk over lunch?
2) Sitting/Bouncing/Rocking/Squatting on my exercise/birthing ball. This is supposed to help loosen up the hips/pelvis and permit baby a bit more room to squeeze on down.
3) Squats – I feel like I do a lot of squats… at least on my workout days… but I think it’s time to maybe add in 20 in the am and 20 in the pm, just for good measure.
4) Pelvic Tilts – I do these sometimes… but not regularly and not enough. It’s simple, get on all fours and move the pelvis forward, into neutral, then back.
5) To my momma/momma-in-laws… please skip this one. That thing that got me pregnant in the first place. Supposedly this helps her get into position? Whatever. I won’t question it. I’m always happy to give love making some purpose other than the obvious.
Other than that, I had to get my Strep B test. That wasn’t too pleasant either. A nice swab to the Va-hoo-hoo and the butt. Lovely. I’m hoping and praying this comes back negative. I really do not want to be a) hooked to an IV during labor or b) on antibiotics.
In the weight department, I LOST .6 LBS! Such joy. I should also mention that last appointment, I had gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks. So a .6 lb loss was only fair.
In other news, here are some photos I’ve been hoarding.