So, this weekend amongst all the celebrations and family time, Mark and I also attended another baby class… this one called, “Bringing Home Baby.” While much of the information was either a bit obvious or things we had already looked into, what I did get out of the class is that I still have a lot to do.
My/our growing list…
- Put together our birth plan
- Research/Interview/Select a pediatrician
- Pack our hospital bag
- Get car seat bases installed
- Organize baby clothes
- Write thank you cards for all the amazingness from my shower
- Go through all of the miscellaneous items in the basement… toss what we don’t want, determine what to sell in our neighborhood’s annual garage sale, and put away the rest.
- Finish reading Love & Logic
- Finish reading Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth
- Buy nursing bras/post-baby clothing
- Make freezer meals for post-baby era
- PICK A NAME for this sweet, nameless baby! Oy. This one is really turning out to be a challenge.
- Enjoy childless times with friends and hubbers!
- Attend three weddings (one that I’m standing up in)
- Finish organizing/purchasing all of our baby stuff
- Get our garden ready for the spring/summer, plant, etc.
Okay, that’s all I’ve got for now. Feels kind of good to get it out there. Next step, tackling it!
My back is super uncomfortable today. Mostly lower back. I have the worst damn chair at work, so that could be a big reason… or because I was up late last night prepping food for our big 12-person dinner at our place tonight… or a combo. Either way, it’s a bit sore.
Other than that, I’m feeling REALLY good and excited! Baby boo continues to move around a lot… although, from what I can tell, she’s only moving from forward facing to back facing and doing the squiggle. She hasn’t seemed to flip orientation at all.
I can’t remember if I mentioned this before, but twice in the past week, I’ve felt her hiccups. I wasn’t sure what to expect when people said I would start to feel it, and I must say, it’s quite silly. She must be low, because I swear it felt like I had hiccups in my butt. It was a VERY strange sensation.
Also, it snowed yesterday and last night… WTF?? Is spring ever coming? It’s April 15th for goodness sake… bring on the sunshine!